Nominations for the 2017 ODTUG Innovation Award are open now through June 2nd. Make your nomination now, before your Memorial Day weekend.
We are looking for innovative, exceptional, ahead-of-the-curve applications of Oracle development tools that stand out as examples of “the next big thing”, or maybe the really neat next small thing, in Oracle technology. Can’t think of anything? Nah, I don’t believe that. Consider:
- Do you have, or does your co-worker have an unusually creative application or combination of new and emerging Oracle tools?
- Did you find a new open source project that makes your life easier? Open source projects are eligible, as long as they integrate some Oracle technology.
- Does your latest project enable faster, smoother, cleaner adoption of an Oracle tool?
- Are you envying someone else’s work, saying “Wish I thought of that …”?
- Have you seen a real neat learning tool that aids others in understanding a new Oracle tool? All projects, large and small, are eligible.
- Does your organization have an exception program for attracting or training persons new to Oracle technology?
- Have you created, seen or adopted a new plugin or feature, large or small, that others may not have seen yet?
We are looking for the stuff that makes you say “Wow, great idea …” or “Neat stuff …” or “wicked cool …” (you can tell where I am from). We need your help to get as many innovation examples in before the June 2nd deadline.
The ODTUG Innovation Award honors excellence in creative, effective, and innovative use of Oracle development tools within ODTUG’s supported communities (ADF, APEX, BI, Database, EPM and Career). The goal is to honor developers – individuals or teams – whose passion and creativity shine through in their application of Oracle technology to address real-world problems. Note that this year we are not excluding anything or anyone, so projects and individuals from all organizations (Oracle, too!) are welcome.
Note that ODTUG members get to vote this year. Make your nomination, then vote for it too! Member voting will be combined with judges scoring to determine an overall Innovation Award winner.
Check out the full information on the ODTUG web site here:
Nominations close June 2nd, so act soon!