Elections for the 2018 ODTUG Board are underway – Vote Now!
Calling all ODTUG Members: Exercise your right as an ODTUG member and vote for the Board of Directors. This may be the most important thing you can do for ODTUG.
(Not an ODTUG Member? You are missing out – see why to join ODTUG and become a member here)
Why vote for the Board? Why is it important?
ODTUG Board members determine the current and future direction of ODTUG. Board members set strategic goals for the organization at the beginning of the year, and execute on that plan throughout that year and into the next. We strive to stay on budget while launching webinars and other educational sessions, marketing campaigns to spread the word and attract new members, and of course there is our fabulous Kscope conference. We are also your voice to Oracle, bringing members in touch with key Product Managers at ODTUG events, online and in person.
For the Board to do our job, we need to hear from you, our members. Starting with who you want as Directors determining ODTUG goals and direction.
Board members face tough questions in the coming years:
- Do we need more (or fewer) Meetups? On what topics?
- What is the direction of the Database Community?
- Where do tools like Node.js and Docker belong within ODTUG, or do they belong at all?
- How can ODTUG reach and engage more millennial members?
- How do we provide our members with the latest and best in Oracle tools technology, as that technology is changing under out feet, or rather, above our heads into the Cloud.
It is your right – and your responsibility – as an ODTUG member to vote in the candidates you feel can best form our future in the direction you feel it should go.
By now you have received your voting email from Association Voting providing you with an email address and Member ID. Please use that information to log in, learn about our candidates and vote.
( Can’t locate the email? Click here and then click on the help button to request the information be resent.)
Find that email, and please do two things:
- Read all the candidate’s statements carefully. Then
- Vote for the candidates you feel are best able to guide ODTUG for the next few years.
Let’s keep ODTUG serving our members in the best way possible.
Thank you, and Good luck to all 2018 candidates!