What Oracle development project in the past year made you say WOW!
What project, collaborative or individual, demonstrates exceptionally innovative and creative use of Oracle technology?
What stands out as an above-and-beyond example of Oracle technology applied to real world problems?
To honor such creativity and innovation, ODTUG announces a more modern mode of honoring excellence within ODTUG’s supported communities (ADF, APEX, BI, Database, and EPM), the ODTUG Innovation Award.
The ODTUG Innovation Award honors excellence in creative, effective, innovative use of Oracle development tools. The goal is to honor developers – individuals or teams – whose passion and creativity shines through in their application of Oracle technology to address real world problems in our ODTUG communities.
We are looking for innovative, exceptional ahead-of-the-curve applications of Oracle development tools that stand out as examples of “the next big thing” in Oracle technology, or as unusually creative applications of new and emerging Oracle tools in our ODTUG communities.
To make a nomination for the award, you must be an ODTUG member (Associate or Full). If you are not a member, join ODTUG now.
Who/What is Eligible:
- Nominees may be individuals or teams that are non-Oracle employees.
- Nominees need not be ODTUG members, but they must work with a tool that supports at least one of our communities (ADF, APEX, BI, Database, and EPM).
- Open Source and / or collaborate efforts are eligible.
- Nominations Open: Now!
- Nominations Close: May 31st
What we are looking for are the things that make us go Wow! when we first see them. Here are a few historical examples:
- Integration of Oracle Forms and Java ADF (years ago)
- HTMLDB, when it first came out – and the first practical applications of HTMLDB (years ago)
- Oracle-based applications on an iPhone
- Oracle applications of Google Glasses
- Our first look at Node.js integrated with (extending) an APEX application. (a few years back)
- Peter Koletzke and Paul Dorsey’s work deciphering and promoting JDeveloper when it first launched
We know sure there are examples from every Oracle technology community. ~ let us know about them!
The 2016 ODTUG Innovation Award winner will be decided by a team of ODTUG experts who will review all of the nominations and discuss and rate them according to these general topics:
Innovation – The Wow factor: Acknowledges the exceptional and innovative
Quality – Not only does it have to be Wow, it has to work.
Applicability – Evaluates subject matter importance, completeness, effectiveness, and accuracy
Topic Merit – Treatment of a cutting-edge topic, technical complexity, or a new and unique approach to a common problem.
For this first year, the ODTUG Innovation Award will be awarded decided by a select panel of experts from across all ODTUG communities. In future years, nominations will be open all year long, and all ODTUG members will be able to vote for their favorite.
Watch for more information on the ODTUG Innovation Award on all the usual channels: ODTUG emails, Twitter, the ODTUG website,
Our ODTUG Innovation Award honors innovation, excellence and amazing accomplishment in the realm of Oracle Development Tools adoption and integration. The possibilities are endless ~ What makes you, as a developer, say Wow! ~ Nominate your favorite examples now!